Don’t wait for the next “Big One” to take a look at your home’s ability to withstand a seismic event.
MiTek’s Hardy Frame® offer the only comprehensive line of lateral load solutions for seismic and wind events, with products intended for both new construction installation or existing structures as a retrofit to improve earthquake forces, provide safety and reduce damage.
From USP connectors to custom engineered and manufactured solutions for your single family and multi-family structures, MiTek Builder Products are built for reliability.
HARDY FRAME® SOLUTIONS
For walls with large openings such as garage doors, french doors and picture windows Hardy Frame® Panels, Brace Frames and Special Moment Frames are specifically designed to add strength, stiffness and ductility.
HARDY FRAME® HFX-SERIES PANEL ON CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS
• Installation on nuts and washers provides for leveling at uneven concrete
• Allowable loads are less than installation directly on concrete
• Raised floor head out installations bypass wood framing to eliminate the effects of shrinkage and crushing
• Provides a direct shear transfer to the foundation
Learn more about the HFX-Series Panels
HARDY FRAME® HFX-SERIES BRACE FRAME ON CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS
• Raised floor head out requires less material by eliminating the rim and bottom screws
• The new HFX-Series Brace Frame has relocated hold down bolts to be outside of the post
• Hold down connections are now accessible even when wood or framing is in contact with the edge of the frame
Learn more about the HFX-Series Brace Frames
USP® STRUCTURAL CONNECTORS SOLUTIONS
For structural connections throughout the building, including anchorage to the foundation, USP® Structural Connectors offer a variety of steel products and applications to provide earthquake resistance where it is needed most.
HURRICANE GUSSET ANGLES: THE HGA SERIES
- Satisfies high wind and seismic loading requirements
- Versatile wood-to-wood connector
- Designed for attaching gable end trusses to wood top plates and masonry walls
GIRDER TIEDOWNS: THE LUGT SERIES
- An ideal retrofit solution
- Reinforces truss connections to transfer high wind loads to supporting walls
- Several installation options to accommodate different framing conditions
- Suitable for use on either wood framed, concrete or CMU block walls
- Extremely adaptable tiedown
- Sizes available for 1-ply, 2-ply, 3-ply and 4-ply trusses
SEISMIC & HURRICANE TIES FOR CFS CONSTRUCTION
- All purpose seismic/hurricane tie for trusses or joists
- For steel-to-steel connections
- Resists uplift and lateral forces
POWER NAIL CONNECTORS: THE RST SERIES
- Designed to anchor trusses and rafters directly to the stud below
- Ability to field-bend permits fastening to either the wide or narrow face of the stud
No other system stacks up. Solve better architecturally, design with new possibilities, and utilize a more economical solution. Take the first step toward safety today: https://www.mitek-us.com/products/Hardy-Frames/