Don’t wait for the next “Big One” to take a look at your home’s ability to withstand a seismic event.
MiTek Lateral Systems is the only comprehensive line of lateral load solutions for seismic and wind events, with products intended for both new construction installation or existing structures as a retrofit to improve earthquake forces, provide safety and reduce damage.
From structural connectors to custom engineered and manufactured solutions for your single family and multi-family structures, MiTek Builder Products are built for reliability.
For walls with large openings such as garage doors, french doors, and picture windows MiTek Shear Wall Panels, Brace Frames, and Moment Frames are specifically designed to add strength, stiffness, and ductility.
HFX-SERIES PANEL ON CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS
• Installation on nuts and washers provides for leveling at uneven concrete
• Allowable loads are less than installation directly on concrete
• Raised floor head out installations bypass wood framing to eliminate the effects of shrinkage and crushing
• Provides a direct shear transfer to the foundation
Learn more about the HFX-Series Panels
HFX-SERIES BRACE FRAME ON CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS
• Raised floor head out requires less material by eliminating the rim and bottom screws
• The new HFX-Series Brace Frame has relocated hold down bolts to be outside of the post
• Hold down connections are now accessible even when wood or framing is in contact with the edge of the frame
Learn more about the HFX-Series Brace Frames
MITEK STRUCTURAL CONNECTORS SOLUTIONS
For structural connections throughout the building, including anchorage to the foundation, our structural connectors offer a variety of steel products and applications to provide earthquake resistance where it is needed most.
HURRICANE GUSSET ANGLES: THE HGA SERIES
- Satisfies high wind and seismic loading requirements
- Versatile wood-to-wood connector
- Designed for attaching gable end trusses to wood top plates and masonry walls
GIRDER TIEDOWNS: THE LUGT SERIES
- An ideal retrofit solution
- Reinforces truss connections to transfer high wind loads to supporting walls
- Several installation options to accommodate different framing conditions
- Suitable for use on either wood framed, concrete or CMU block walls
- Extremely adaptable tiedown
- Sizes available for 1-ply, 2-ply, 3-ply and 4-ply trusses
SEISMIC & HURRICANE TIES FOR CFS CONSTRUCTION
- All purpose seismic/hurricane tie for trusses or joists
- For steel-to-steel connections
- Resists uplift and lateral forces
POWER NAIL CONNECTORS: THE RST SERIES
- Designed to anchor trusses and rafters directly to the stud below
- Ability to field-bend permits fastening to either the wide or narrow face of the stud
No other system stacks up. Solve better architecturally, design with new possibilities, and utilize a more economical solution. Take the first step toward safety today: https://www.mitek-us.com/products/lateral-products/